Answered

Auto grouping for music playback

• 30 March 2019
  • 1 reply

I have a Sonos one in my bedroom and kitchen. I used to be able to ask Alexa to play music while in one room (say the kitchen) and it would only play in that room. Now it’s playing in both rooms automatically and I never changed any settings. It’s very frustrating. How can I stop this from happening?
icon

Best answer by UKMedia 31 March 2019, 14:00

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have a Sonos one in my bedroom and kitchen. I used to be able to ask Alexa to play music while in one room (say the kitchen) and it would only play in that room. Now it’s playing in both rooms automatically and I never changed any settings. It’s very frustrating. How can I stop this from happening?

Hi

First off are the Rooms grouped in the Sonos App? If 'Yes', please ungroup and try asking for music on one speaker and see if it group the speakers again? Can you then open the Alexa App>Groups, you should see two Groups named after your Sonos Room Names (e.g. Kitchen and Bedroom). Please open these groups and check what the Preferred Speakers are for each group if both are listed then asking for music on one will Group the speakers and it will play on both. Just remove the other speaker from each Group. (e.g. Remove Kitchen from the Bedroom Group and vice versa.)