Answered

Audio crackle Sonos One

• 22 December 2020
  • 7 replies

Just set up a Sonos one with Alexa and whenever she talks there’s a lot of static in the voice. I’m not noticing it when playing music as much if at all. 

icon

Best answer by Simon B 29 December 2020, 23:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Craiggers1, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about this issue with your Sonos One on Alexa, I'll ask some questions to further check on this issue.

• When did it start happening?
  • Are there any changes made within the Sonos App or Alexa?
  • Is it happening every time or randomly?
  • Have you tried to remove and re-add the Alexa feature on the Sonos App and check for any improvements after?

Answers to these questions will help us to determine where the issue is coming from. 

Let us know how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Thanks for your quick reply!

• Started happening the first time I used the speaker.
  • I haven’t made any changes in either app that I know of.
  • Happening every time so far.
  • Haven’t tried removing and re-adding the alexa feature but can try.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Craiggers1, thanks for the information that you provided. So that we can also check the status of your Sonos system, I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report for us to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue. 

Keep us posted on how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Thanks. Just submitted the diagnostic. Confirmation number is: 105043865

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi there @Craiggers1, thanks for the update and for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system. Upon checking, there is no issue detected on your Sonos One’s, and since it manifests audio quality issue for the crackling sounds. We’ll take this further, I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps.  They may ask for video proof when the issue is happening and provide additional options on this issue.

Keep us posted on how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Turns out it was a factory defect and they had me return it and sent me a replacement. The problem is the replacement is a refurbished one and to be honest that’s not acceptable. I paid for a brand new one and now have a used one with nothing knocked off the price. Who do I contact to get a new one instead of a used one? Just totally unacceptable to think that would a be a reasonable exchange. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Craiggers1, thanks for the update. Sorry about what happened but in this case, You may contact our phone support team for further assistance about the replacement that you’ll get. 

If you have other questions about your Sonos products, feel free to reach out.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.