Answered

Ask Alexa to play Fun Kids radio and it plays Fun Kids Junior instead

• 22 December 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi,

Prior to two days ago our Sonos system was working fine, now whenever we ask Alexa to play “Fun Kids radio”, it plays Fun Kids Junior.

We can play Fun Kids through the Sonos app but not if we ask Alexa.

Before it started doing this we didn't even know there was a Fun Kids Junior.

Has anybody any suggestions as to how to correct this?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by John B 22 December 2020, 13:46

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

If you go into the Amazon Alexa App “Settings/Account Settings/History" and find the voice instruction you can report there that it was not what you wanted with a thumbs down and hopefully the matter will eventually get corrected by the Amazon folk, or sometimes creating an ‘Alexa routine’ to play the radio station from TuneIn may work too, but that’s usually the approach to take if the device regularly keeps mishearing your instruction.

I’ve just tried this with an ‘echo dot’ device and seem to get the same result, it too plays ‘Fun Kids Junior’.

I’ve done that, and hopefully Amazon will fix the problem soon.

Thank you

@Lanby - maybe TuneIn has changed something (Alexa uses TuneIn).  This is what you get if you search TuneIn - it does seem a bit confused about the difference between Fun Kids and Fun Kids Junior.

https://tunein.com/search/?query=fun%20kids

After a bit of doing and frying with Tunein support asking the same questions three times and not reading my answers, it now works properly  :)

​​​Thanks @John B for your suggestion