Skip to main content
Question

arc wont connect to amazon

When I go to add the voice assistant. Alexa tries to connect to Amazon but won't connect. It allows me to connect to Google. But I need Amazon Alexa because all my music is there.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

33 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @AC511 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Thanks for reporting this issue with adding Alexa. We are unable to reproduce this issue in our own testing - could you please re-attempt to add Alexa to your system, then when it fails, immediately submit a support diagnostic? Please don’t post the given numbers here on the forum, however - instead, please DM them to me, letting me know you were trying to add Alexa. Thank you for your assistance in this matter.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @AC511 

Thanks for reporting this issue with adding Alexa. We are unable to reproduce this issue in our own testing - could you please re-attempt to add Alexa to your system, then when it fails, immediately submit a support diagnostic? Please don’t post the given numbers here on the forum, however - instead, please DM them to me, letting me know you were trying to add Alexa. Thank you for your assistance in this matter.

Hey, i got the same issue, including numerous people on the german forum.

You try to add alexa and it hangs when trying to connect to the amazon servers. That issue persists since the update of the new App. Some people report that it works when reverting to the 16.1 App if the speakers Firmware was not Upgrade yet.

I'll send you a diagnostics when I am home later as well if that is okay for you.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Yep. That's exactly what's happening. Unfortunately firmware was upgraded. I'd appreciate a diagnostics...TY

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Seeky & @AC511 

Please DM me diagnostics numbers and I’ll forward them to my colleague. Thanks.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Again, there is no diagnostic numbers. It just hangs when it's ready to connect. Never gets to an error. Just won't connect.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Again, there is no diagnostic numbers. It just hangs when it's ready to connect. Never gets to an error. Just won't connect.

You need to go into settings, scroll down to the bottom and select sonos support to send diagnostics after you encountered the issue, manually. There you get a number.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @AC511 

I think I see the confusion - I’m not referring to error numbers, which are sometimes displayed when you attempt something. You would need to submit a support diagnostic manually, after your attempt to do something has failed. Thanks.

Edit: @Seeky was quicker!

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Well I did send a diagnostic. I do it to you right when it was requested.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I sent it in the private message. Do you want the number here,?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @AC511 

Apologies! That was all my fault for not realising you were the person who started this topic!

No need - it’s already been handled. Thank you!

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Handled? How so?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @AC511 

“Handled” may have been a bad choice of words - your diagnostics were passed over to a colleague for investigation. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi @AC511 

This is what I was told by support 

From Sonos Support 

The current Alexa issue is known at the moment due to the time and date not yet being fully integrated in the new Sonos app.

For more information on the missing added feature being added back in the new Sonos app, please check this link: https://en.community.sonos.com/controllers-and-music-services-228995/the-new-sonos-app-and-future-feature-updates-6892942

The issue isn’t in the list though despite asking for it to be added  

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

So basically you are aware of the issue and have no immediate plans to remedy it and I have an  $800 speaker that won't allow the voice assistant that works with my entire lineup of all my Sonos products.

Why am I told you are aware with no date of remedy? 

I know you are the middleman and I'm sorry you get all the complaints, but this is really a deal breaker for me to ever consider any new products. Sonos does not put their customers first. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

So basically you are aware of the issue and have no immediate plans to remedy it and I have an  $800 speaker that won't allow the voice assistant that works with my entire lineup of all my Sonos products.

Why am I told you are aware with no date of remedy? 

I know you are the middleman and I'm sorry you get all the complaints, but this is really a deal breaker for me to ever consider any new products. Sonos does not put their customers first. 

FYI -  don’t work for Sonos. I’m a user. I just copy pasted what they told me. 
Email the CEO. 
ceo@sonos.com

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I w done this already once. But I'll do it again. Basically I'm back to where I was when I first launched the complaint. So frustrating.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi @AC511 

Hi Corry

I’m confused. I raised this issue to support four days ago and was told you knew what was causing the issue ( ie that the date and time needed to be added to the app). Are you saying that isn’t the case after all?? Or you tried that fix and it didn’t work?? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi @AC511 

Hi ​​​​​​@Corry P 

I’m confused. I raised this issue to support four days ago and was told you knew what was causing the issue ( ie that the date and time needed to be added to the app). Are you saying that isn’t the case after all?? Or you tried that fix and it didn’t work?? 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Date and time to which app? And if so provide instructions. Or better yet give me a link to the old app.

I'm not an idiot. I've been given no clear instructions.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Date and time to which app? And if so provide instructions. Or better yet give me a link to the old app.

Again. I am not Sonos Support and I was talking to Corry. 
I was advised the fix is that THEY need to update the date and time in the Sonos app. We can’t do it. So it will have to be part of a release. If that is still the fix. Back to Corry. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Still not working 

Moderator Note - Recorded diagnostics and removed from post.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Tries to change my email address so it would be the same one used on Amazon account but now Sonos hasn't sent the email for me to verify. 

So now there's that. Honestly if I didn't have 6 Sonos speakers, I would have moved in to another product. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I was advised the fix is that THEY need to update the date and time in the Sonos app. We can’t do it. So it will have to be part of a release. If that is still the fix. Back to Corry. 

Thank you LJH777

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Why has this been closed ? 
@Corry P still has to answer the question? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @AC511 & @LJG777 

Sorry to hear of the issues you’re having with adding Alexa to your Sonos speakers. We have no estimate for when a fix will become available.

Some users have reported, however, that uninstalling the Amazon Shopping app will force the Sonos app to use a browser (rather than the Amazon app) to perform the log-in to your Amazon account. You can add the Shopping app back onto your device once Alexa has been added to your Sonos system.

Why has this been closed ? 

This thread is not closed. The author of the opening post or another moderator may have marked the Best Answer, however. I have un-marked it.

I hope this helps.