Answered

Amp & Echo

• 10 April 2019
  • 2 replies

So, I know the Amp do does not have Alexa built in, but I like to use Alexa voice controls to start streaming music. Could I use an Echo dot connected to the line in jack on the Amp to stream music through speakers connected to the Amp? Seems like this should work.
icon

Best answer by Kumar 10 April 2019, 04:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Absolutely, but depending on where you are, this could also be done via the Sonos/Alexa integration without having wire the Dot to the line in jacks.
I am in India where this integration is not available, so in my case I have a Dot wired to line in jacks on a Connect Amp, and I get full voice control for all music except that which resides on my server.
I also get bluetooth connectivity for the Connect Amp this way, via the Dot, and this makes the Connect Amp more versatile as well.
And if you use Amazon Music, music can be selected on the app on the phone and then cast to the Dot+Connect Amp, taking the phone out of the stream loop.