Question

Amazon prime video through Beam Alexa?

• 9 March 2019
  • 1 reply

Hello!

I’ve recently bought a Sonos Beam and two Play 1s and am absolutely loving it! (Shifted my loyalty from Bose but no regrets!).

Its working well and I’m playing around with the Alexa feature. I wanted to check if it’s possible to control Netflix/Amazon prime videos through Alexa? I’m able to grasp all the music commands but not sure why it is not recognising my TV related commands.

Any help please?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

The Sonos TV related Alexa commands are based around the HDMI-CEC control, it’s basically a few instructions to switch the TV on/off and adjust the volume.

If the Netflix/Amazon Apps are built into your TV you may find an Alexa Skill for your TV, if not, I would take a look to see if your TV is supported by the Logitech Harmony Hub, or similar device.

The Harmony Hub will switch on/off the TV, adjust volume, change TV channels, change inputs and launch Apps like Netflix/Prime/YouTube etc.

Another option would be to look at an Amazon Fire-stick which also has Alexa control for launching and playing Movies/Music from such Apps installed on the Fire-stick.