Question

Amazon Marketplace on Sonos

• 24 October 2017
  • 12 replies

Hi!

I'm having trouble trying to use my Alexa with Sonos.

When I say "Alexa play Frank Sinatra in the Sonos Living" it give me the answer "Your Amazon Music Marketplace is not configured correctly for this device".

In some cases when I say "Alexa play Frank Sinatra in the Sonos Living" it resumes the queue.

Can you guys help me?

Thanks,

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Make sure your Sonos is not sharing its name with other smart devices.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Do you have your default music service configured in the Alexa app? It sounds like it's trying to load up Amazon Music and it isn't authorized on Sonos and the Alexa app.
Same here. Wonder if anyone solved this issue?
I’ve same problem, been trying to fix for 2 hours now. About to plug echo back in
Having the same issues, can’t get it to play using the Alexa voice command (radio is working and Amazon music using the Sonos app is working as well).
Double checked and all settings should be for the UK.
Don’t know what else to check to change...

It was, but I changed that!
Do you have your default music service configured in the Alexa app? It sounds like it's trying to load up Amazon Music and it isn't authorized on Sonos and the Alexa app.

Yes! It's configured Amazon Music as default.

The stranger thing is that Alexa can reach the device, because sometimes it resumes the original queue.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
That does sound strange. I'd suggest that you give us a call and take a look with the team on this one.
I have the same problem, very, very frustrating. Did anyone find a solution? Thanks in advance.

It was, but I changed that!

Having renamed your Sonos Room ... did you go to Alexa and forget the original device name and rescan/rediscover your Sonos devices. Note: in the U.K. following the recent Amazon Alexa iOS updates, there is no longer a method to 'forget' a smart home device using the iOS mobile app, but you can still 'forget' old devices by logging into your Alexa account online using a computer web browser. Here is the login link if you need to forget an old device name:

https://alexa.amazon.co.uk/spa/index.html (also note, this link may not work with a mobile web browser as it may install or try to open the Alexa mobile app)

Go to the smart home section/devices and choose the device you need to forget and then do a rediscover of all devices.

The screenshots attached show difference between the U.K. iOS Alexa App and the Alexa Website smart home device pages.
I tried that and also completely re-setting up my Sonos One and the result is the same. I guess it has something to do with me having Amazon Prime on the German site rather than the US.

Anybody else have any luck?

Barry
I tried that and also completely re-setting up my Sonos One and the result is the same. I guess it has something to do with me having Amazon Prime on the German site rather than the US.
For your Attention.