Amazon hd and uhd

• 24 September 2019
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3
Just to say I have upgraded to the hd and uhd and the sound from my sonos system is now even more incredible. Definitely recommend

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Hi have you been able to see the tracks saying hd or not . I can't seem to find out how to do this I'm using a connect to my arcam
Userlevel 1
Badge +3
Yes it says it in a small box around the middle of the page. Have you upgraded your subscription?
Yes it says it in a small box around the middle of the page. Have you upgraded your subscription?
That sounds like the Amazon Music app. Currently the Amazon Music app casts to Sonos in SD. To obtain lossless quality you need to use a Sonos controller.

Hi have you been able to see the tracks saying hd or not . I can't seem to find out how to do this I'm using a connect to my arcam
It's not visible in the Sonos controller, only in the AM app which, as noted, is not currently able to cast to Sonos in HD. Slightly ironic.
Userlevel 1
Badge +3
Ah so I'm hearing music not as good as I thought 🤣🤦‍♂️. As far as sonos controller do you mean the app?
Don't worry. It wouldn't be the first case of cognitive bias, or the last.

Yes, the Sonos controller app. Start play from that and, assuming the content is available in "HD" or "UHD", it will stream in 16/44 or 16/48 FLAC.

To date, my measurements show that a stream cast from the Amazon Music app arrives on Sonos at about 315kbps constant bitrate. That isn't lossless.
Userlevel 1
Badge +3
Ah well, I have re downloaded all the songs in my playlist to hd or UHD so I'll play them through the sonos app. You cant actually see the quality streaming through on the app can you? Please excuse me as I am not very clued up with technology 🤣
Ah well, I have re downloaded all the songs in my playlist to hd or UHD so I'll play them through the sonos app.
Downloaded? If they're downloaded to the Amazon app you can only play them using that. And casting from the AM app to Sonos is presently in SD, regardless of whether the download is in HD or UHD.

You cant actually see the quality streaming through on the app can you? Please excuse me as I am not very clued up with technology 🤣

No, you can't view the quality in the Sonos app, at least not for Amazon Music.
Userlevel 1
Badge +3
Yeah I mean downloaded to phone to listen offline. I can get my playlist up in the sonos app.
Yeah I mean downloaded to phone to listen offline. I can get my playlist up in the sonos app.
Playing your Amazon playlist via the Sonos app should indeed play in HD.