Answered

Amazon Alexa sonos one not working

• 18 December 2018
  • 2 replies

Alexa will respond but won’t play music on my sonos one. It stopped working a few days ago and I’ve tried resetting it but no sucess. Anyone else have this issue and find a solution?
icon

Best answer by Keith N 18 December 2018, 22:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Hey there, markmouz. If Alexa is able to respond but unable to send commands to Sonos, it may have something to do with the name of the Sonos speaker. Did you have any other Alexa or smart home devices that use the same name? Normally when I see topics like this, the user is unknowingly sending the music command to their living room lights.

If you have changed the name, be sure to re-discover devices so Alexa will be able to find all available devices. To do this, use the command "Alexa, discover my devices."

Thanks!
Hi Keith,

After an hour of rebooting & renaming the speaker it started working. It’s the only Alexa device we have so not sure what the problem was in the end. But thanks for the advice. I’ll hear that in mind if we get around to installing any additional devices