Skip to main content

All three voice assistants are too loud!

• 9 June 2024
  • 1 reply

Dear Sonos, 

Get a grip! Lots of us have been telling you for ages that your voice assistants are too loud. Mostly posts have been about one of the three and sometimes it is (mistakenly) supposed that the answer lies with the speaker volume.

I am here to tell you that is not the case. The volume of all three of the voice assistants is set too loud relative to the speaker volume. I have both Amazon Echo and Sonos speakers. When I ask Alexa to play music on one of my Amazon Echo speakers, the reply comes at pretty much the same volume as the music. When I do the same on my Sonos speakers, the reply is considerably louder than the music. This is the same for Alexa, Google Assistant and Sonos Voice Control so please, please, please do something about it!

Some people have asked for a separate volume control for the voice assistants. In my opinion, that is not necessary. All you need to do is eliminate the imbalance between the music volume and the voice assistant volume.

Thank you. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Is it just me or did this get fixed?