Alexa won’t play radio station?

• 15 May 2019
  • 3 replies

Alexa repeats the station but nothing happens. Same command to my google home brings desired result?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9
Same here. Alexa says playing whatever command I give it - but nothing then happens (just silence). Plays via app fine. Problem is voice commands only. I tried disabling and reenabling Alexa and Sonos Connection. Still not working.

Same issue here. I can play the station with my Amazon Echo speaker in another room. Recently did a factory reset for other issues, was there an update that disabled this? Alexa on Sonos announces the station, e.g “WOMR from Tune in”, but then silence.

apparently it won’t play any music commands for Apple Music either.

update - further testing it seems it won’t stream anything via Alexa.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Same issue here. I can play the station with my Amazon Echo speaker in another room. Recently did a factory reset for other issues, was there an update that disabled this? Alexa on Sonos announces the station, e.g “WOMR from Tune in”, but then silence.

apparently it won’t play any music commands for Apple Music either.

update - further testing it seems it won’t stream anything via Alexa.

As an aside, please try not to Factory Reset your device as it removes all diagnostic information.

Can you confirm:

1/ ‘Alexa, what’s the time?’ works?

2/ Open the Alexa App>Alexa Privacy>Review Voice History and check that Alexa heard you correctly?

3/ Have you rebooted your Router recently?