Answered

Alexa with multi-speaker (in one room) setup

• 7 April 2019
  • 1 reply

Glad to see we finally have proper Alexa integration with Sonos. Have been using Sonos speakers since the company first launched.

I currently have a bedroom setup consisting of a Playbar and a Sub. Separate to this, I have an Echo (that I use primarily for news, not music). With the release of the new Sonos One with built in Alexa, I'm thinking of ditching the Echo and adding two Ones to have a proper surround setup

My questions:
If I ask Alexa a question (weather, news), will the response be played back across all the speakers in the same room or just one speaker?

If I ask Alexa to play music (from Spotify), will it be played in just one speaker or all speakers in the room it is paired with?

Thank you
icon

Best answer by UKMedia 7 April 2019, 09:55

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

If I ask Alexa a question (weather, news), will the response be played back across all the speakers in the same room or just one speaker?

Amazon will decide which of the Sonos One's received the clearest voice command and the output will come from that device only.

If I ask Alexa to play music (from Spotify), will it be played in just one speaker or all speakers in the room it is paired with?

As a default, it will play to the entire Sonos Room but this is also driven by Alexa Groups. Please see my post here for an explanation: https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/an-overview-and-explanation-of-the-new-support-for-alexa-grouping-6817788