Alexa volume increment command

• 9 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hi!

I've enabled Alexa in my new Era 100 and Move 2 and I have a feature change request.

I've been testing some commands and I've seen that the volume increment/decrement modifies the volume value in 10 points.

I think it would be useful that the volume increment would be lower, for example 5 points, in order to have more control in the volume change. Sometimes 10 points is too much depending the song.

I hope you could analyze this changes.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

If you add Sonos Voice Control (SVC) to the device, alongside Alexa, you can control the volume of your Sonos products using percentage values 1 to 100%. It has far more granularity for adjusting the volume level.

The Alexa changes you are asking for here undoubtedly fall under the remit of Amazon, as all their voice controlled devices use the 1 to 10 increments. Using SVC is probably the easiest way to achieve what you are looking for here.

Badge +2

If you add Sonos Voice Control (SVC) to the device, alongside Alexa, you can control the volume of your Sonos products using percentage values 1 to 100%. It has far more granularity for adjusting the volume level.

The Alexa changes you are asking for here undoubtedly fall under the remit of Amazon, as all their voice controlled devices use the 1 to 10 increments. Using SVC is probably the easiest way to achieve what you are looking for here.

Do you know when the SVC will be available in Spanish?

Do you know when the SVC will be available in Spanish?

No afraid not, but perhaps speak with the local Sonos Support team and see if they might be able to provide any further assistance. Here’s a link to hopefully assist…

https://support.sonos.com/s/contact