Alexa Voice Assistant not quiet working.

• 30 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I have added the Alexa Voice assistant to my Sonos speakers.

when I ask it to play music, it will repeat back what I have asked in the confirmation reply but the music does not play. 

Has anyone else experienced the same or is able to suggest a remedy?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello @David16DA, thank you for the post.

When Amazon Alexa responds but doesn’t go through the command, that usually means that the Sonos speakers have lost connection to the Amazon Alexa cloud.

You can refresh the connection by following the below instructions:

Re-enable the Sonos skill

Open the Alexa app and tap on the More menu in the bottom right. Tap on Skills & Games > Your Skills > Sonos > Disable Skill. Once disabled, tap on Enable Skill.

If this doesn’t work, have a look on our Support Article Alexa commands not working on Sonos for further troubleshooting steps.

If you are struggling with any of the steps, feel free to reach out to our Support team, as they can guide you through getting Amazon Alexa back on your Sonos.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hello @David16DA, thank you for the post.

When Amazon Alexa responds but doesn’t go through the command, that usually means that the Sonos speakers have lost connection to the Amazon Alexa cloud.

You can refresh the connection by following the below instructions:

Re-enable the Sonos skill

Open the Alexa app and tap on the More menu in the bottom right. Tap on Skills & Games > Your Skills > Sonos > Disable Skill. Once disabled, tap on Enable Skill.

If this doesn’t work, have a look on our Support Article Alexa commands not working on Sonos for further troubleshooting steps.

If you are struggling with any of the steps, feel free to reach out to our Support team, as they can guide you through getting Amazon Alexa back on your Sonos.

I hope this helps.

Thank you.

i will try your suggestions.