Alexa using routine to stop radio

• 9 January 2019
  • 10 replies

I have set Alexa up with a routine to start my favourite radio station. However I can't see a way to stop to radio playing as part of a routine

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
So 'Alexa Stop' is not sufficient? (Sorry had to ask 🙂 ) Is this because you want to stop with a time trigger on the Routine?
Yes I tell can tell Alexa verbally to stop Radio, but I want to do it inside a Routine, so i don't have to issue multiple verbal commands
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
How are you starting the Radio as Sonos doesn't support its devices being in Routines, although they can initiate them?
1.Set Sonos as the default Speaker in the Family Room Group
2 in Routine "Alexa Good Morning"
PLAY "Family Room The Breeze (South Somerset)
FROM TuneIn
It makes using the Radio a lot easier, since it is a long command, Works every time, but can't use this to turn off, have to issue verbal command
Isn't there a timer function in the Music action?
Yes there is, but I don't know how long I'm going to sit down to Breakfast or even when.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
For other Alexa devices I would use Device>Stop Audio but this doesn't stop Sonos - I don't think this is achievable at present.
Yes I tried stop Audio, However it says "Alexa will stop audio on Associated Device", by which I take it to mean other Amazon devices
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Yes I tried stop Audio, However it says "Alexa will stop audio on Associated Device", by which I take it to mean other Amazon devices

Yes but I think this falls into the 'Sonos not supported within the Actions of an Alexa Routine.' statement. 😞
Well it's getting lighter in the mornings now, so will only have to turn radio off soon! Maybe fixed for next winter!