Alexa useless on my new Roam (UK)??

Userlevel 2

Anyone else in UK/Europe having a nightmare with Alexa on Sonos Roam? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 7

What specific problem are you having with Alexa on the Roam?

I can get Alexa to work on the Roam for standard questions (e.g. what’s the weather) but I can’t use Spotify as it says the skill isn’t installed…..even though it is.

Userlevel 7

Try disabling the Spotify skill in the Alexa app and re-enabling it. You can also try removing Spotify from your music services in the Sonos app and re-adding it.

Userlevel 2

I have the sane issue. Alexa hears me, answers questions but only streams content (radio or Spotify) maybe 1 time in 6.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled EVERYTHING a dozen times or more.

It's just very, very flaky.

Badge

I can't even get Alexa to install on the roam. It's installed and workng nicely on the beam. Simply says Error Adding Alexa, Try Again.

Have tried reset, disabling & reenabling etc but not getting anywhere.  Apologies if I've hijacked your thread.... 

Alexa just will not respond on the Roam………

will Sonos please publish a ‘how to’ guide or just fix the sproblem

Badge

For what it is worth my issue was resolved by forcing a sign out of all amazon accounts, amazon prime video, Alexa, amazon music, amazon shopping etc.

Then adding it again was a simple step through the wizard process...…

Alexa has worked fine so far....  But can't really say I have pushed it.... 

For what it is worth my issue was resolved by forcing a sign out of all amazon accounts, amazon prime video, Alexa, amazon music, amazon shopping etc.

Then adding it again was a simple step through the wizard process...…

Alexa has worked fine so far....  But can't really say I have pushed it.... 

Alexa is working just fine for me too on the Roam. I’m also based in the U.K. 

For me it’s a decent bit of kit and fine on simple Bluetooth but the Alexa piece just won’t work. Sonos have rushed it out and fail to offer guides as to how to use it, and what to do in times of difficulty. All feels somewhat rushed

I think there are enough comments on here to suggest that it’s not ideal for a variety of reasons. Most relate to a lack of understanding as to how to make it actually work with Alexa and so on. I’ll relate it all back to stuff review, which and so on. Great concept - poor user applicability 

I think there are enough comments on here to suggest that it’s not ideal for a variety of reasons. Most relate to a lack of understanding as to how to make it actually work with Alexa and so on. I’ll relate it all back to stuff review, which and so on. Great concept - poor user applicability 

There are lots of support pages on using Alexa on Sonos products, including setup, voice instructions and troubleshooting etc;… perhaps start with this link:

https://support.sonos.com/s/global-search/Alexa