Alexa turns one room off when i ask for music in another room

• 21 November 2017
  • 6 replies

I have a Sonos one in the bedroom and when asked Alexa plays an album.
I then go into the kitchen and ask alexa on an echo dot to play a different album on my two play ones , the music starts but it turns off the music in the bedroom ?
Any ideas please

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Same issue I have 2 sonos Ones and I am using Spotify, I can play different stations while manually using the sonos but Alexa cuts off music to the other room
Any comments from Sonos?
I have exactly the same problem that when I am using my Echo Dot (Alexa) in conjunction with sonos, that I am only able to play in one room at once (just Amazon music).
Badge
I am using Spotify. I understand that I can use the Sonos controller to get them playing in both rooms. However, I bought my Sonos Ones to be able to control each of them with my voice not with the Sonos App.
If Alexa made it easier to play from other sources it might not be such an issue....

I have seen the same issue, but Alexa always defaults to Amazon music. Has anyone been able to get a free service like Pandora to work through an attached Alexa?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
If your using Amazon Music as account I believe they currently allow only one stream at a time via Alexa.

If you use controller/sonos app instead of alexa should be able to play in both.
Badge
I am having the exact same issue. Both of my kids have a sonos one in their bedroom and I have playbar, sub, and two ones in the living room. If one of my kids are playing music in their bedroom and I ask Alexa to play as song in the Living Room, it cuts their song off completely. Does someone have a solution for this?