Question

Alexa stopped working HELP!

• 23 November 2017
  • 9 replies

It's a good thing I set my alarms on my mobile phone as well because my Sonos One didn't fire off the alarm at all.

I also can't issue Alexa commands to it anymore which is ridiculous. I disabled the Sonos Skill on the Alexa App. Re-enabled it. Searched for Devices and sadly it can't be detected anymore (I labelled it "bedroom" before).

I'm currently at work but I would really appreciate it if someone can try and help me out with this so I can sort it out as soon as I get home.

Thank you.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Sonos accepts Alexa demands to ‘Stop’ but doesn’t respond to confirmed requests to play something
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Please select Alexa App>Smart Home>Devices>Discover and retest ( Please note the syntax to play a playlist is 'Alexa, Play piano chill Playlist' - You must include the word playlist...
Badge
Alexa can be a witch ! I set my Sonos1 up and used default Amazon music and all was well . Then I programmed Spotify in as music sourcing choice and Alexa will not respond to audio commands to play playlist or song saved in file. 😛 Defeats the purpose of the devise when it fight you. I have a teenager already!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
What command syntax are you using?
Need some help friends i have just purchased Sonos ONE Alexa set it up with my Sonos network all very good however i cant get Alexa to work with my premium Spotify account i.e i cant ask her to play any song by any artist. Need help asap pls thanks in advance
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
It's a good thing I set my alarms on my mobile phone as well because my Sonos One didn't fire off the alarm at all.

I also can't issue Alexa commands to it anymore which is ridiculous. I disabled the Sonos Skill on the Alexa App. Re-enabled it. Searched for Devices and sadly it can't be detected anymore (I labelled it "bedroom" before).

I'm currently at work but I would really appreciate it if someone can try and help me out with this so I can sort it out as soon as I get home.

Thank you.

Do you get this fixed rled?
Thanks for your help with this. The actions didn't resolve the problem per se but certainly put me on the right track. I had installed the Sonos and Alexa apps on four devices (2x iPads and 2x iPhones). In each of these, I had followed the Sonos prompts when connecting to my Sonos One - including enabling Alexa each time via the Alexa app/Sonos skill. So, I uninstalled both the Sonos app and the Alexa app from the IOS devices. Then, reinstalled the Sonos and Alexa apps on one device - enabling Alexa/Sonos skill from this device. Once the Sonos One was working, I then installed the Sonos App on the other three IOS devices BUT, did not enable the Sonos skill on the Alexa app on these devices. All seems to be working fine. The problem MAY have been a result of me enabling the Sonos skill on multiple occasions (albeit via the same Amazon account).
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi both

Please try the actions that I've list in the answer in this post:

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/sonos-one-not-responding-to-alexa-comands-6793239
Very similar problem for me. Had the system for about 3 weeks. All worked perfectly. Few days ago Alexa commands stopped working. Updated Sonos and Alexa apps - checked Sonos software was up to date. Had to re-install Sonos and Alexa apps on all devices (painful) to be able to use voice commands. Results are very mixed - I can no longer change volume, stop music or turn-off the device.