Answered

Alexa “Sorry, something went wrong” per profile, when unaccessed for 12-24 hours

• 17 January 2024
  • 34 replies

Every day for the past few months, the first time I ask Alexa a question that she has to go to the internet for, she responds “Sorry, something went wrong”. We have 2 users setup and this happens per user. 
for example, this sequence, all when we wake up:

Person1: Alexa, how old are you? (Local?)

Alexa: I’m 9 years old…

Person1: Alexa, what is the weather today?

Alexa: Sorry, something went wrong  

Person1: Alexa, what is the weather today?

Alexa: The weather today is…weather

PERSON2: Alexa, what is the weather today?

Alexa: Sorry, something went wrong  

PERSON2: Alexa, what is the weather today?

Alexa: The weather today is… weather

EVERY SINGLE DAY  for the past few months

icon

Best answer by craigski 29 February 2024, 12:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

34 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

A period of non-usage seems to be the common error here, sometimes this is overnight or even just an hour or so.  It appears to be an issue across multiple Sonos ones in the house. 

Why has it recently started?  It was perfect until around 3 months ago without any errors like this?

I will send Sonos a report after it happens next time. And see if this leads anywhere. 

The reason it has started to happen is because someone, somewhere has made a change on something. I doubt it will lead anywhere, but may lead somewhere 😀🤞

Please do send the diagnostic.

Userlevel 2

I raised a support ticket and submitted diagnostics. Sonos seemed to think it was an issue on my SonosNet network, with wireless devices not properly connecting to the wired ones and hence my Ho e network and internet. They had me turn everything off, turn on the wired components, wait until those had fully connected, then turn on everything else. They said the SonosNet looked better after that. Alexa worked properly (but maybe that’s to be expected on a reboot) but the next day the problem resumed. 

I have Amazon devices and it’s not happening on those - only Sonos. And I don’t have Era100s - just Sonos Ones, Roam, Move. 

Sonos support did ask me a bunch of questions about my network, and also about any other usual behaviour such as volume changes in the app being slow to be reflected on the Sonos device. I do get that sometimes, so I can see why they might suspect a network issue. But the reboot didn’t fix it. 

I do have one device (connect amp) which struggles on SonosNet (obviously that doesn’t have Alexa but might cause network issues). I’ve just used a Powerline adapter to make it wired - I’ll post again if that helps. 

Badge

I’m getting the same issue with arc with sub mini and play 1s. Been happening a couple of months and only just now I decided to google it and saw this thread.

hoping for a fix soon but not gonna hold my breath

Badge

Just reporting back that this issue seems to of gone away for me now, not sure what’s changed

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

I also haven't had issue for about 10-11 days now. Previously was repeatable every day.

I don’t think we will ever know exactly what the issue was, but its good that someone has fixed it.

Badge

I also haven't had issue for about 10-11 days now. Previously was repeatable every day.

I don’t think we will ever know exactly what the issue was, but its good that someone has fixed it.

They probably fixed it by accident 🙄

Userlevel 1

Likewise! I hope Alexa’s fingers are crossed that it has been resolved :)  

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

I asked Sonos support for update on my case. The response was Sonos engineers are still awaiting confirmation from Amazon engineers that it has actually been resolved, and the case(s) will remain open until they have confirmation.

Userlevel 1

Lets hope Alexa behaves - if I get another error like this I will certainly raise it with Sonos and mention it here.