My Sonos One used to work with Alexa but I changed to Google to try that before trying to switch back. Now Alexa won’t work. I’ve tried reinstalling both apps and re-registering speaker etc but nothing seems to work. I’ve read some similar problems with ‘Beam’ but following steps still didn’t work For me. The only reason I got this was to use for voice services so if it doesn’t do the job it’s a deal-breaker.
Has anyone any further suggestions before I return the Sonos for a refund?
Best answer by Anonymous
Welcome to the Sonos Community.
I would like for you to try these steps below:
- Disable the Sonos skill in the Alexa app. DO NOT re-enable the skill, leave it disabled.
- Now, remove Voice Services for all voice-enabled Sonos devices under the Amazon Alexa menu in the Sonos app, one room at a time. Tap on the Room to choose the option to Remove Amazon Alexa.
- Log out of all Amazon Apps on the mobile device, i.e. Amazon Shopping App & Alexa App, and Amazon.com.
- Go through the Alexa Setup in Sonos again.
- When prompt to sign in, ensure this is the correct Amazon account to link Alexa.