Answered

Alexa skills not working

• 6 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

Does anyone have issues with using Alexa skills through Sonos speakers?

I have a few linked to my account (Neato for my vacuum & Delta for my kitchen tap as examples).

If I ask an Alexa enabled Sonos to vacuum, it will tell me it's unable to find a device or group named Neato. But if I ask the same from an Amazon Echo it works as it should. Same thing for the Delta skill.

It's been like this for as long as I can remember. Alexa does work on the Sonos speaker as I can ask it to pause, play music etc. 

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 8 December 2023, 16:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Emichon, welcome to the Sonos Community!

There don’t seem to be any restrictions regarding skills on the normal version of Alexa on Sonos, but the international version does have a limitation that doesn’t allow Alexa Skills. You can read more about this on our support article about Amazon Alexa availability on Sonos.

It’s also possible that the skills you are trying to use are region specific and that region doesn’t match your Sonos system. I’d suggest checking your Alexa app and profile on Sonos.com to ensure the region and country match.

I hope this information helps!

Badge

I'm located in Canada, and both Alexa and Sonos region are set as such 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Emichon,

In that case I’d suggest reaching out to our support team and Amazons support for further troubleshooting, they have the tools to look into your system and help you resolve this issue.

@Emichon If skill works on one of the devices (echo), then it should work everywhere.

I noticed that Alexa recognises devices by groups/rooms where they are added to - if your vacuum is in different group than your Sonos speaker, then try to say 'vacuum in living room' or sth like that. Eventually add all devices into one group and check.