Question

Alexa says to enable Sonos Move in Alexa app, but Move is already there.

• 26 October 2019
  • 2 replies

I have a Move that I would like to work with Alexa. In the Alexa app I can see the Move and it says it is enabled. In the Sonos App I can see where it says the Move has Alexa enabled. When I say “Alexa, play a song”, Alexa (through the Move)says that I need to enable the Move In the Alexa app. If I go into the Alexa’s app and tell it to play the song on the Move, the Alexa app indicates the music is playing but the Move does not make any sound. The Move works fine if I play music through the Sonos app. All of this is through my WiFi.

This is at my weekend place. At my main home I have a Beam set up with Alexa and it works just fine.

Any thoughts or advice?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi

This could be down to two things:

1/ Please open the Sonos App and select Settings > Services > Voice, choose Alexa.  Make sure the Room with the Move is added and activated for Alexa;

2/ The link between a Sonos and Amazon account must be 1:1.  Are you using the same accounts across both properties?  If so, I recommend that you create a new Sonos and Amazon account combination in your second home and add the Move from scratch.

Thanks UKmedia,

I think the issue is the 1:1 link. I suspected that was the case, which is why I noted the two properties. I think I will just the Google assistant Steve moth other place. Creating the second Sonos account is not a big deal, but I don’t want a second amazon account because I would lose access the Amazon music (not going to buy two Prime memberships) and I actually use that quite a bit. 

Thanks again.