alexa says she is playing on sonos but no sound?

• 25 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

I have Sonos not play sound when asking Alexa to play music. She says “ok playing on Sonos” but no sound comes out. I first checked to make sure I had the right speakers in the living room set. Next, I reenabled the Sonos skill and the Apple music skills. I double-checked my Apple Music acct is correct for both the Sonos app and Alex app. These are all great things I found on these forms by searching. I am out of options.  alex will work with the play one and play music but when I turn that off and use my dedicated Alex device she no longer plays music. I did upgrade to a new router system but didn’t change any specs in the process. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Have you created an Alexa group in the Alexa App with your Alexa device and Sonos speakers: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=GS8URL9U6PW8SPTA

Badge

Yes ,  I have added the speakers to the living room group along with the alexa in the group and she says ok. playing apple music on sonos and then nothing.

Badge

I also lost the ability to have my apple Tv remote control the volume of the sonos player. 

Badge

Could it be my alexa is connected to my asus router with 5 g network not the 2.4 g?