Answered

Alexa says ok or I don't know what went wrong

• 4 October 2017
  • 5 replies

Just updated to the public beta and setup sonos and alexa apps.
Cant get anything to play just says ok or i dont know what went wrong
I have 5 devices all discovered but none work.

Any ideas where to start problem solving

Kind regards
Michael
icon

Best answer by ted brefflon 26 October 2017, 16:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Read the public beta conditions. There us a beta feedback site.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, Michael_295.

Thanks for reaching out. Since this is an Open Beta, we are happy to help in any way we can. Although you may find some great help in the Beta Community, feel free to reach out about it here.

That being said, mind sending us a diagnostic report of your Sonos system as it currently stands? Be sure to reply with the confirmation number it gives at the end. Here's how.
I have the same issue. I have updated the Alexa App and the Sonos App. I then connected the Alexa Skill to Sonos using the Amazon verification code which was emailed. I even changed my Sonos speaker name to "Living Room" to match the name in the Alexa App....when I say "play hip hop in the living room" it says "sorry, something went wrong"....
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi, dnpatel1977:

Welcome to the Community. Since changing the name of your living room speaker, did you have Amazon Alexa rediscover your devices? This can be done by simply saying "Alexa, rediscover devices". This may take a few moments but then Alexa should be able to target the rooms appropriately. Let us know if this helps.
Guys, I believe you need to disable the Sonos skill then re-enable it. Worked for me and I was suffering the same problem.