Alexa On Beam Is Too Low

• 7 April 2019
  • 1 reply

I just got a Sonos Beam added to my system. Though it works fine (so far), Alexa on the beam isn't very loud like my play one is. And if I'm watching TV, she lowers the volume on the TV so she can speak, but I have to listen so closely and often have to ask again so I can try to hear her again. My play one is much louder. Is there a way to turn her up on the beam? Thx in advance.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

ha ha... ?

On a more serious note, I find the Alexa volume okay with my Beam and the attached LG TV in a 15’ x 20’ room. The Alexa component sound is aligned with the increase/decrease of the TV or Music volume on the speaker. It is perhaps notable some AV source volumes can (and do) differ, but there is clearly both an average and a minimum Alexa level. The TV and Music volume does also 'duck' so that Alexa can be easily heard.

You can only adjust the 'combined' AV and Alexa volume through the assigned remote, speaker buttons, App, or via voice control. They do not currently operate independently of each other.