Alexa not working with TuneIn radio station

• 7 March 2018
  • 7 replies

I think this might be down to the public beta, but Alexa is unable to get my Play: 1 speakers to play Angel Radio from TuneIn. I clearly ask for Angel Radio, but Alexa responds with 'for an angel' and there is silence. Going into the app, the station logo is there, but it does not seem to exist. Angel Radio is one of only three stations in my favourites list, and will play from the app (and if I ask Alexa to just play it without specifying the room, it plays on my Echo Dot with no problem. Any solutions??

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

I've tested this and you are correct that there is an issue. Here are the tests I've undertaken

1/ Ask Echo Dot 'Alexa, Play Angel Radio' - Success
2/ Ask Sonos One 'Alexa, Play Angel Radio - Success
3/ Ask Echo Dot 'Alex, Play Angel Radio on Kitchen Sonos' - Fails with a message 'Here's a radio station that you might like' and then plays a random station.

I suspect that this is an Alexa issue and have reported it to Amazon.
Still not working - situation exactly the same. Amazon has updated the Alexa app at least once since I reported this to you, but it remains exactly the same! Is it worth contacting Amazon myself :?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Can't do any harm...
Can you tell me where I can get Amazon Support? I’m searching the website, but can’t find any contact details anywhere ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
You can report it under the Alexa App>Help>Feedback or by Help on the Amazon web site under Belp.
I don't know if this will work for everyone but I was having an issue connecting to ESPN LA through Tunein. To make it work again I used the Alex app to remove all the cards that pertained to Tune-IN and ESPN LA from the home screen. After I cleaned up all the cards I was able to play ESPN LA again.
Rochfordian, many Alexa requests need to be phrased correctly. Have you tried saying “Alexa ask tunein to play Angel Radio”?