Answered

Alexa not working on Sonos beam

• 15 November 2022
  • 2 replies

Sonos was working perfectly!  Then we went away for 3 weeks. When we came back: 

I can ask Alexa questions etc etc , but when I ask for music example ‘Play BBC Radio 2’ it responds saying ‘Playing BBC Radio 2 from BBC sounds’ but nothing plays , Same request ‘Play Virgin Radio’ responds ‘Saying playing Virgin Radio from TuneIn Radio’ but nothing comes out of the speaker. -

Also Amazon Music does not work, when asking ‘Play 90’s music’ response i get is ‘first enable the skill for the Sonos beam in the Alexa App and then discover devices’  this I think is the problem and what devices is it trying to discover ?  

I also have the sonos beam in my TV room for the last year and it is also doing the same. 

When I manually play songs from the SONOS APP….it plays beautifully.  But we got it because it could play our favorite RADIO stations or songs upon request.  It no longer does that.  It keeps doing as described in the second paragraph below.  

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 15 November 2022, 23:34

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

There’s a lot of threads about some possible issue with Alexa this weekend, which many of us think have to do with an issue on Amazon’s side. You may just want to try removing the link, then reinstating it.

There’s also quite a few threads about the changes that Amazon have made to Amazon music, which you may want to peruse. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Can you please check one thing on your Beam, using the command “Alexa, identify account.”. Can you confirm if the account is correct?