Alexa not working

• 15 October 2018
  • 5 replies

Installed new sonos one worked fine with alexa for 2 days then alexa didnt understand anything. Followed thenusual troubleshooting ie uninstallnturn off router rreinatall blah bla but hey atill not working. So far a waste of money spent.why does alexa not work!?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Andyskid1970

Can you answer yes to the step below..if so then post back and we'll go further.

1. The LED below the microphone icon on top of the Sonos One is white..meaning the mic is turned on.

Cheers!
Yes. It hears me as it makes that initial soi d then eithwr says sorry... or jusy stays quiet.
Userlevel 7
Hi andyskid1970

Thanks for the additional info. I know it's a pain 😠 but please do this.

1. Unplug your Sonos One
2. Delete both the Sonos and Alexa apps
3. Reboot your router and let it come back
4. Install the Sonos and Alexa apps and sign into both
5. Make your speakers (other than the Sonos One) appears in the Sonos app
The next two steps may not be necessary so check them both
6. Activate Alexa in the Sonos app
7. Download the Sonos skill in Alexa and enable it
8. Plug in your Sonos One
9. Activate Alexa
10. Try a command_"Alexa, what time is it?"

Let us know the outcome :8

Cheers!
Thanks i tried that yesterday it worked then later on it decided to not even 0lay any music and couldnt even find the sonosone in the app?
Userlevel 7
OK... you may have a defective wireless card. Suggest you call Sonos and discuss with a tech. In the meantime submit a diagnostic and post the reference ID in this forum. In that way they’ll an idea about your Sonos. Good Luck!

Cheers!