Question

Alexa not responding

• 27 December 2017
  • 4 replies

I have 2 of the Sonos One and the Alexa App is setup on both units but only one is responding to the alert command. Both Sonos units appear on the Alex app under the Smart Home menu and are enabled. Is there a setting that I am missing or is Alexa only available for use on one unit and not both at the same time?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have 2 of the Sonos One and the Alexa App is setup on both units but only one is responding to the alert command. Both Sonos units appear on the Alex app under the Smart Home menu and are enabled. Is there a setting that I am missing or is Alexa only available for use on one unit and not both at the same time?

The Amazon server will determine which Sonos One received the clearest command and then mute the other for the duration of the voice command sequence. If you want to check the other Sonos One is working correctly then please ensure that the small white round light is still showing on the silent speaker - if not, then you've accidently turned the mic off, just touch the mic symbol to toggle back on. Then toggle the mic off on the other Sonos One and the previously silent Sonos One should respond. Let us know how you get on.
Thanks so much. That was the issue. I must have touched the mic when I changed the location of the unit.
Badge +4
...which indicates that its too easy to switch off the microphone and disable Alexa and other future voice services.
...which indicates that its too easy to switch off the microphone and disable Alexa and other future voice services.

Too easy? It requires you to physically press the button. :8