Answered

Alexa not controling volume or stop without saying Room name

• 26 August 2021
  • 1 reply

I have two Symfonisk Bookshelf speakers as a stereo pair in my bedroom. I had an Echo Dot in my bedroom with the Symfonisks (“Bedroom”) as the preferred speaker for the Dot selected in the Alexa app along with a Firestick. With this set up everything was working fine. I could say “Alexa, play music” and it would play music through the Symfonisks. I could similarly adjust the volume and stop the music without suffixing the command with “in the Bedroom”

I’ve added an additional Echo Dot and paired it with the original one as a home cinema for the Firestick. The Bedroom Symfonisk pair are still the preferred speaker. Now, I can still ask it to play music without suffixing it with “in the bedroom” but I can only get Alexa to control the volume or stop the music by adding the “in the bedroom suffix” to the command.

Any ideas how I can resolve this?

I’ve tried disabling and re-enabling the Sonos skill with no luck.

Cheers!

icon

Best answer by Corry P 27 August 2021, 09:41

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Overdrive84 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I would certainly give all 4 devices a reboot, to see if that helps.

Also, can you try moving the newer Echo to a different room (in the Alexa app, not in reality) to see if Sonos goes back to the previous functionality? If so, then the issue may be due to the Echo pairing.

What happens if you remove Sonos as the preferred speaker and add it again after the second Echo has been re-paired with the first?