I've recently converted from Google Home and Chromecasts to Alexa and Sonos. I've been searching for someone that has my issue and I can't seem to find one entirely similar. I currently have a Playbar and Play:1 in two separate rooms and a single Echo Dot, which controls other devices in my home. I don't think I've ever gotten the Sonos skill to work completely correct.
Here are my current issues:
- Using Alexa to control Sonos and nothing else seems to work fine.
- I can say "Alexa, turn it up in the Living Room", which works and then say, "Alexa, turn off the patio lights", which works, then say, "Alexa, turn it down in the Living Room" to which I get "Living Room isn't responding."
- After about 15 seconds I can try the exact command again and get it to work.
This really only presents an issue with my Playbar as I can play/pause the TV, then possibly need to adjust the volume. To this point I have tried the following to resolve this issue:
- Forget Sonos devices in Alexa app, disable skill, re-enable skill and re-discover the devices
- Ensured all the Sonos speakers had unique names, which in my case they are the names of the rooms "Kitchen" and "Living Room"
Other bits of info:
- I can be controlling the "Kitchen" just fine and then accidentally give an incorrect command like "Alexa, turn up the kitchen" and I get a response of "Kitchen doesn't support that", I then attempt to correct myself by saying, "Alexa, turn it up in the Kitchen" and then begins the "Kitchen isn't responding" error.
Any suggestions about this issue would be greatly appreciated. Please let me know if more info is needed.