Question

Alexa is just too loud!

• 29 January 2018
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
Why is there no way to change the volume of Alexa independent of the music volume. At the moment it’s stupidly loud and if you’re using it in your bedroom at night, when it’s quiet, Alexa is just far too loud when there’s absolutely no reason for it to be.

At the moment the Alexa set up is pretty poor. Yes, you’re adding to it and tweaking things all of the time but a lot of the issues should have been resolved before you started selling the units.

Not overly impressed after buying two of the Sonos Ones the other day to replace my Echo units.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, greencode, thanks for your post. I hear you loud and clear and I agree. The voice is a bit loud at this point for my own personal taste, too. We released Alexa on Sonos in Beta, that is to say, we're still learning and adapting as we go. It's not perfect at the moment but we are working on these things daily to bring a better experience to our users. I have forwarded your feedback, do let me know if you need anything else.
Hi has there been a fix for this problem yet it’s driving my missus crazy. Thanks in advance.
Please tell me you have solved this glitch sorted please.
Badge +2
Hi! Don’t know if this works with the Ones but you can configure Alexa in the Alexa app to whisper if you whisper to “her”. Then the responses from Alexa should be quieter. But I agree that a volume control under room settings for Alexa would be a nice addition.