Question

alexa doesn't understand

• 8 November 2017
  • 6 replies

i deregistered my sons one from amazon and was unable to register my sonos. when i talk to alexa she says, "sorry, i'm having trouble understanding right now. try back later.
how do i correct this problem?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

I also have the same problem, I couldn't get alexa to recognise I had changed my play one voice to another room and it looked like she thought I had 2 speakers in different rooms and was connected to the other non existent one ! I deregistered that room and now all i get is the sorry Im having trouble etc in a US accent. I can't seem to get her to connect to the real speaker now !!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
i deregistered my sons one from amazon and was unable to register my sonos. when i talk to alexa she says, "sorry, i'm having trouble understanding right now. try back later.
how do i correct this problem?

Can you confirm if you have removed the Sonos skill within the Alexa App or removed Voice Control within the Sonos app?
Had the same issue, caused by assigning speakers to different rooms, so similar to OP. I'd read this hoping for an the answer but at the time there was no answer, so back to trying various things. Eventually solved it, go into each room via settings on the Phone App, and REMOVE voice services from all the speakers. I then added the voice services, which involved the same setup process as when it was originally set up and it was working OK from this point.
Had the same issue, caused by assigning speakers to different rooms, so similar to OP. I'd read this hoping for an the answer but at the time there was no answer, so back to trying various things. Eventually solved it, go into each room via settings on the Phone App, and REMOVE voice services from all the speakers. I then added the voice services, which involved the same setup process as when it was originally set up and it was working OK from this point.

What are the odds that you sign on to Sonos Community to try and figure out why Alexa is saying "Sorry, I'm having trouble understanding right now. Please try later"...only to see that someone you worked with 10 years ago had posted a reply to the very same question an hour ago!!!!!!! How you doing Rich P......it''s Tim G 😉
10 years and the rest Tim! I'd make it nearly 18 Did you get it working?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
If you still have the problem, then please try the steps I've listed in this answer:

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/sonos-one-not-responding-to-alexa-comands-6793239