Question

Alexa doesn't launch Deezer on my Sonos

• 3 November 2020
  • 8 replies

Hi,

When i ask Alexa to start music, i said “Alexa, Music”, she said “

music playback by deezer”

But nothing else...what is the pb ? My Deezer account is connected, i can play music threw the app Sonos….

Thank’s for your help

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Bixente6.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I appreciate your detailed post outlining the issue, let me help and try to figure this out.

Is Alexa working with other music services except for Deezer?

Kindly reproduce the issue, then submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app, and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system as well as the status of the devices, it will help in identifying what's possibly causing the issue.

I’m looking forward to assisting you further from here.

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out,  we are always here to help.

Hi,

I have tried to put Amazon Music as my default music services but it is the same, the music is not launch with Alexa, but still able to play music threw the app Sonos.

My diagnostic number is : 13228004740

Regards

Vincent

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Bixente6.

Thanks for your response and update.

I tried to pull up the diagnostic report but for some reason, the system was unable to find it.

I hope you won’t mind submitting us another one?

Alternatively, you may reach out to Sonos Support so we can take a closer look at this in real-time and expedite the process. I suggest our phone team for they have more resources available on their system for advanced troubleshooting, and the tools our agents can use would be very useful in this case, there can be an advantage if they need to remote into the computer/controller to see what's going on.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to let us know, we’d be glad to help.

Here is another number of diagnostic report : 1405357614

If you still unable to find my system, i will try to contact the Sonos Support next time.

Regards.

Vincent

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Bixente6.

Thanks for your immediate response.

I was able to pull up the diagnostic report this time, and there was no issue detected that can possibly cause this problem.

You may try to add first Amazon Music service to Sonos then try again and see if that helps because upon checking on your system Sonos Radio and Deezer are the only music services added to Sonos. This article provides steps to resolve issues with Alexa not following commandsnot responding at all, or responding with an error.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any questions feel free to reach out, we’re always here to help.

Hi,

I have try again, with Amazon Music Service by default and installed on the Sonos App, still the same problem. Alexa tell me she will put music but nothing come after she spoke.

Here is another number of diagnostic report : 2101904262.

Regards

Vincent

Hi @Annazel S , any news about my diagnostic report ? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Bixente6.

Thanks for your response and effort in submitting the diagnostic.

Upon checking on the diagnostic report, symptoms indicative of Interference have been detected on one or more Sonos components running on your network that often cause issues on your system. These conditions could be caused by wireless interference due to wireless congestion. You may check this article that will help you reduce wireless interference around your Sonos products. 

I also suggest that removing the Alexa voice service from Sonos and adding it back again is worth a try.

Hopefully, that helps it but if not, it would be best to give our support technicians a call so we can continue working with you in real-time.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to let us know, we’d be glad to help.