Skip to main content

Hi, 

Ever since changing my WiFi/broadband provider last month I’ve been unable to use Alexa on Sonos One.

I finally got round to doing a fresh disabling of everything, factory reset and re-linking of accounts. Sonos Voice Control works fine. Alexa will operate the speaker if I make a voice command through the Alexa App, but if I try to speak to the One speaker directly it does not respond to the “Alexa” wake word command. 

The skill is enabled in the Alexa app, it recognises the speaker and can communicate with them to turn on music. I’m guessing this is a bug and I’m sure what else to do.

Probably a stupid question but anyway… is Alexa enabled on the Sonos app?

It is. However, under “Voice Assistants” all I see is Sonos Voice Control. If I go to add a voice assistant, both Sonos VC and Alexa show as “Already added”

Something else which may or may not be relevant, although the Alexa app can play music on the speaker by voice command to the app, it shows the speaker as “Device Offline. Some settings may not be available” and it can’t see the location or time zone of the speaker. 

So the speaker can receive a command from the Alexa app (eg “Alexa play music” which works) but it doesn’t listen for “Alexa” itself (even though “Hey Sonos” works), and it isn’t communicating back to the Alexa app that it is online (even though it’s perfectly responsive in the Sonos app).