Question

Alexa command to start Sonos Radio?

• 30 April 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge

I am trying to figure out what the Alexa command is to play Sonos Radio Stations on my Sonos Speakers.  I am able to have Alexa play Tunein, and a few others but not any station on Sonos Radio.

When I ask Alexa to play Cruise Control on Sonos Radio, it replies that I should first enable the skill for Sonos One on my Alexa app and then ask me to discover devices.  The skill is already enabled and no new devices are discovered.

Can anyone provide suggestions on how to make it work?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

I have the same problem

This would have to be done by Amazon, specifically for  Sonos, I would have thought.  I can't see that happening. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Maybe using IFTTT to do this?

I have actually removed TuneIn and yet Alexa kept searching the radio I ask to play on TuneIn without success instead of using the Sonos Radio

I have actually removed TuneIn and yet Alexa kept searching the radio I ask to play on TuneIn without success instead of using the Sonos Radio

It won’t work.  Alexa doesn’t support Sonos Radio.    If TuneIn is still a music service on your Alexa app, then yes, Alexa will keep searching TuneIn, even after removed from Sonos.