Alexa Command to Change back to TV Sound on Beam/ONE (using optical cable)

• 20 December 2018
  • 2 replies

So, ive looked around on the forum but havent found an answer to this question. hoping someone can help.

I have a Beam/2x ONE set up in my living room, and for the most part Alexa works like a dream. However, when I change to a different Alexa skill (example, playing spotify), I cant work out how to get Alexa to change back to TV sound using a command.

I am connected via the optical cable, and therefore understand I cant control my TV using commands. I am hoping that I can simply use a command to change back to the TV sound channel though.

Can anyone help?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Try: “Alexa, switch to TV on (Sonos device name in Alexa)” . In my case “Alexa, switch to TV on Living Room” . Note “on” not “in”.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
The other option is to Open the Sonos App>Settings>Room Settings>[Your Beam]>TV and ensure that TV Auto Play is selected. This will automatically select TV as the input when an audio Input is detected from the TV.