Answered

Alexa app can not control sonos volume

• 16 November 2018
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 35 replies
Inside the Alexa app under devices I can see my Sonos beam and 2 Sonos ones. When I click on any of them it opens up a new screen with a volume slider. When I use the slider to turn up
The sound I get a pop up saying we are sorry we weren’t able to update your volume. This happens on all of the Alexa enabled Sonos’s
icon

Best answer by Edward R 27 November 2018, 13:47

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, Peteo. Thank you for raising this with us. Unfortunately, Amazon has jurisdiction over their Alexa app. I would recommend raising this with them. I would be happy to check the overall health of your system in case there's anything we might be able to do. If you could please submit a diagnostic and respond with the confirmation number, this way we can identify the cause. Many thanks in advance.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Inside the Alexa app under devices I can see my Sonos beam and 2 Sonos ones. When I click on any of them it opens up a new screen with a volume slider. When I use the slider to turn up
The sound I get a pop up saying we are sorry we weren’t able to update your volume. This happens on all of the Alexa enabled Sonos’s

This was working but I now get the same message as you. 😞