Answered

Alexa and Spotify

• 20 August 2018
  • 7 replies

I have a proplem with my recently bought Sonos/Alexa. When I tell Alexa to connect to Spotify it responds saying 'sorry that device is offline'. Similarly, when I ask it to connect to a radio stn, Alexa acknowledges request but nothing happens. Can anyone help me to solve this problem please?
icon

Best answer by Mdp1949 21 August 2018, 11:19

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
If you set Spotify as your 'Default Music Service' in the Alexa App>Settings>Music & Media>Choose default music services, you don't need to mention Spotify in the command. 'Alexa, Play Soft Jazz' will automatically play from Spotify if it can find the music.
Spotify is already set as the default music service, problem persists
Tell Alexa to discover devices. Then check in the Alexa app to see if the name you gave to the Sonos One conflicts with any other smart devices.
Tried that but said it couldn't find any and to enable Smart Home skill, but when I try to do that it requires username and password. I haven't a clue what they are !
Sorry ,found sonos smart skill and it is enabled
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Have you added the same Spotify premium account (It must be a premium account) to both the Alexa and Sonos apps?
Problem now solved, had to disable sonos skill and voice services in alexa and then re-enable them. Everything appears to be working normally now.