Alexa and Sonos One saying try later?

• 25 December 2017
  • 5 replies

New Sonos One says “sorry I am having trouble understanding right now, try a little later” and does not let me set my voice up in Alexa app

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4
I think there's been a problem with Alexa and Sonos today. Even existing ones have been reported as not working. Seems to be OK now, but obviously not a good advert for new users.
Hi, I'm a new user and very disappointed in this product
Badge
One thing that can cause that message is a lack of an internet connection.
Alexa working now but it doesn’t recognise my premium account is linked any ideas?
Userlevel 2
Badge
just now
I have resolved this issue by doing the following- please let me know if it fixes it for you too.
(The following assumes you have checked its not an internet issue)
Note: I did reinstall both Sonos and Alexa apps before doing the following:
1. Open the sonos app
2. Select "More" at the bottom of the screen.
3. Select "Voice Sevices"
4. Select "Amazon Alexa"
5. Select "Room Settings"
6. Select the room where the Beam speaker is
7. Under "voice sevices you may see a red dot and a message asking you to sign in to Amazon and reconnect with sonos. Do this.
8. Once you have done the alexa will be back to normal.
Depending on how you have rooms setup in the Sonos app, the process may not be exactly as i described but basically you need to reestablish the connection beteen Alexa and Sonos.I have read alot about Alexa being "down" over Christmas last year and i thought it was that initially so i waited 24 hours . After waiting it became obvious it was internal to my setup.
I hope this works for you if you are getring the dredded " I'm having trouble understanding right now, please try a little later" message. Let me know...
If this doesnt work, in the Sonos app try going to:
Settings/advanced settings / reset controller and reset it.
Then reopen the sonos app and try my guide again. If the app doesnt reopen and has an error, just reinstall it and then follow my guide.
Let me know...