Alexa and Pandora - Shuffle Mode

• 19 October 2017
  • 5 replies

I like using Pandora in Shuffle Mode to play selections from all my Pandora stations. I am unable to get Alexa to select Shuffle Mode. I have to instead use the Sonos App. Is this a possible enhancement?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
I have the same problem.
When I get Alexa to fetch the music from Pandora, I do not get any into about it on the comptroller and thus can't see names of new songs and artists. Any ideas?
I am having a similar problem. I can only get Alexa to play stations on Pandora, but I cannot get Alexa to play individual songs or albums. I am subscribed to Pandora Premium, so I have those options directly through the Pandora app. I think it is more of an Alexa issue than a Sonos issue but would like to know if anyone has figured out how to resolve this.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi everyone, Pandora through Alexa only supports the stations at the moment. They don't have access to the full Pandora Premium service. You can use Pandora Premium on Sonos, and can start music using the Sonos app and control the playback using Alexa voice commands, but to start a stream you'd need to use your Sonos app.
Thank you. I figured that was the case.