Answered

Ability to command Alexa to play Sonos playlists

• 28 November 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge
I would love to be able to play Sonos playlists by Alexa commands. This seems a natural capability since I spend so much time in the Sonos app. With this functionality I could concentrate all my playlists in Sonos, while already in the app for controlling sound level and other various functions. Is this a function that could be created in the near future?
icon

Best answer by Keith N 29 November 2017, 21:55

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Hello there, Rkays. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. I am happy to forward this feature request along to the team. We appreciate your feedback!
Badge
You bet, great product. I love every thing about Sonos.

Thanks
Userlevel 2
I would also love this feature. My Sonos set up was started before streaming became ‘mainstream’ so I also have numerous playlists for different rooms and moods! It would be acceptable to upload the playlists such that the individual tracks could be streamed, however not all the tracks are yet available for streaming!

I love the SONOS set up, but there are many snapping at the heels these days - staying ahead of the game with innovative solutions has to be the name of the game.

Regards
+1 for this feature. I don't use any of the cloud streaming services, but only stream from my home library and Plex. So there's no way for me to have Alexa start playback on any music I want to hear if it's not already queued and paused.
+1 for this, very annoyed that you can't do this. The new Alexa enabled Sonos One claims you can do this, is that bad marketing info or do you have to own a Sonos One? If so, could we only start playlists from the One and not my Echo?? Annoyed. Please fix this and clarify the functionality.