Answered

2 Systems, 2 Homes, One Account + Alexa

• 9 April 2020
  • 1 reply

• Contributor I
  • 0 replies

I have 2 homes with two separate Sonos systems.  For each of these systems I have them Alexa enabled.  I want the systems to be able to share one Sonos account so they can share an Apple Music subscription.  Upon initial setup in House 2,  I setup the speakers, created a group in Alexa, and everything worked fine.  I went back to House 1, and it will play with the app, but not with Alexa.  When you say, “Alexa, Play Neil Young”, the speaker will say that it’s playing Neil Young, but it does not.  The solution is to disable the Sonos skill in Alexa, and then re-enable it.  Then everything works like normal in House 1, but. . . the Alexa/Sonos linkage stops in House 2.  I went back to House 2, deleted the Sonos skill in Alexa, then re-enabled it and everything works great in House 2, but. . . the Alexa/Sonos linkage stops in House 1.  Any advice on how to get them working properly in both houses?

icon

Best answer by Chris 10 April 2020, 00:22

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

You could make both houses think you are the same sonos system.

If you take a working sonos unit from house 1 and move to house 2 - then setup all the other speakers new from that one you brought from house 1 - then both systems will have same sonos ID and think they are same system.

You can then take the other speaker back to house 1.

That is the way we used to have to do it before sonos allowed multiple accounts on same controller.