Xfinity router, xFi pods, and Sonos issues pt 2

• 28 October 2022
  • 1 reply

Hey guys I saw an old thread on here that went unanswered but I could no longer add to it.

So I made a new one to possibly help others who run into this issue!

I often install Sonos equipment in peoples homes and today I faced an issue for the first time with Xfi pods and wireless Sonos zones not appearing after setting them up on your network. I figured out that if you wire a Sonos Boost to the xfi pod and add the boost to your system while connected to the “xfi pod wifi” (just stand close to it during setup), then you should be able to add it to your Sonos account. From that point on you can factory reset your Sonos equipment and add to your network without issues, since a Sonos boost gives off its own dedicated network to all your Sonos equipment. Now all of the Sonos equipment appears on the customers network without any issues. I believe the problem is that the xfi pods give off their “own network” but still have the same name and password. This should technically also work if you connect the Boost to your modem, but most of the customers equipment was located closer to an Xfi pod so I just connected to that. 

Hope this helps, I tried to simplify for people who do self installs.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Don't connect the Boost to the Pod, connect it to the Gateway.