Answered

Routeur ASUS GT-AX11000 pro

• 27 January 2023
  • 1 reply

hi

i just acquired asus router GT-AX11000 pro and i can’t connect my playbar, sub or play:1 with it.

when i try to connect sonos products i just have message “sonos can’t join”.

on my FAI box no issues.

any suggestions ?

thanks.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 27 January 2023, 21:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

If the new router is using your original WiFi credentials, or it has Airtime Fairness or QoS enabled, then disable those two features and also ensure the 2.4Ghz WiFi radio is set to 802.11b/g/n compatible and try it with security mode WPA2 AES and see if that resolves the connection issue.

If no luck with the above, and/or the router is using different WiFi credentials, then try wiring one Sonos device to the router, so that the system uses the internal SonosNet signal instead and reboot your speakers - then try adding the new WiFi credentials to the Sonos setup by going to ‘Settings/System/Network/Manage Networks’ in the Sonos App and select ‘update networks’ to add your new WiFi credentials to all your sonos devices.

Afterwards, try uncabling the one wired device and see if all will then run on your routers WiFi signal.