Answered

Orbi network connection issues

• 16 May 2023
  • 1 reply

I’m not particularly tech savvy so apologies in advance for any confusion on my part.  I have a Netgear Orbi router with two different RBS50 satellites in my home, as well as several Sonos speakers throughout the house and a connect AMP that is wired to outdoor speakers on my back patio.  I recently set up an Orbi outdoor satellite to enhance my wifi signal outside.  At first, everything worked swimmingly and I had no issues connecting to my Sonos system while outside. 

However, I recently had to restart my modem + router, and ever since then the Sonos app cannot detect my system when I am outside.  I am still getting perfect wifi signal (which I assume is due to the outdoor satellite I added) but for whatever reason my Sonos system cannot be found.  Or, on occasion, it finds a couple of the indoor speakers but cannot find others, including the Connect AMP (which is particularly frustrating because that is what powers my outdoor speakers, as I noted above).  Any help in getting this issue resolved would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Corry P 17 May 2023, 10:41

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @mattyp11 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

If possible, please wire any one Sonos device to your main Orbi device with an ethernet cable. This will significantly change the way all your Sonos devices connect to the network and may well be a significant improvement for you.

If that does not solve the issue you’re having, or if wiring a speaker to your main Orbi node isn’t an option, then I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

Edit: An alternative might be to assign static IP addresses for your Sonos devices (and all other permanently connected devices on your network). Please see https://kb.netgear.com/31140/How-do-I-manually-enter-a-static-IP-address-for-my-Orbi-router for instructions.