Answered

Option hide this device when offline doesn t work

• 17 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi 

many topics I read about the 32 devices limit

I have an installation with 45 and I have all in the same account but I created a 2Vlan with different ip adress to a zone where I inserted 15 devices, this way when I m at that zone I can only acess those 15  devices and when I move to the other zone I can only acess the remaining devices. 
Problem is that if I’m at zone 1 playing music at room 1 and I move to zone 2 when I get there I connect to the network with different ip and the sonos APP automatically show the devices on that subnet but still showing the device that was playing before even if I stop the music before I leave, the app erase all devices not available except the one that was selected and I always get a message from error with a red dot on this device saying is not available, so I go to device settings and there is an option I can select to not show this device when it is offline and I select this option but it doesn’t t work, I go back to test and keeps appearing always 1 device offline when I move from zone, every time I move from zone I have to close and reopen the app to refresh to make sure the offline disappear, Is there anyway you can put this option working for real ? Many tanks 

icon

Best answer by buzz 17 January 2024, 00:56

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I’d get this to happen and submit a diagnostic, then call Sonos support.

My suggestion is to force close the the controller before moving to the other area.