Skip to main content

connecting move to starlink

• 14 June 2024
  • 5 replies

I have a sonos system and recently changed to Starlink (router does not have ethernet port).  I had it working fine but after being away had to change the password on starlink wifi and now move won’t connect to starlink at all. I have tried what sonos advises and it finds the move, gets it ready, finds the starlink network, I put the password in and then at the last hurdle when it is connecting (it says verifying network info for starlink) it says “something went wrong - we ran into a problem connecting your product to Starlink. Please try again”

I have tried again countless times but no luck. The password on my phone with the sonos app and the password entered when connecting the move are the same.  I have other sonos products which are powered off at the moment (3 x play 5 Gen 1 and 1 x Play 1).

Initially I had to get sonos support to connect me and it was a rather complicated process but they got it all working (despite saying Sonos does not support starlink).  But now call wait times on sonos are two hours - I have been trying this for over a week and am beyond frustrated. Can anyone help?

5 replies

Yup ,sounds the norm,,we moved and got Starlink, and none of my stuff will work,boxing it all up and going into garage to collect dust.

Have always had pretty good support from Sonos until now.  But the last person I dealt with on this issue would only provide me the links to the articles and refused to help me.  What is going on that they are having so many problems at the moment causing such long wait times?  Not very good at all.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Have always had pretty good support from Sonos until now, but what is going on that they are having so many problems at the moment causing such long wait times.  Not very good at all

Take a look at the subject names of the first 100 threads on this forum and you’ll see it’s issues with the new app….

Yes I had seen all those comments but I am on the S1 app still so I am assuming my issue is not part of that problem, though I hear you that sonos have their hands full dealing with all those unhappy customers!

Don’t know what’s going on with this,got a pile of money invested on this stuff,and don’t work,ticks me off.Spent hours trying to figure out, wireless adapter to new router.still no joy.Have had no problems until Starlink