Answered

Will a Play 1/3 work without internet

• 1 July 2017
  • 2 replies

I have the whole Sonos home theater at home and love it! I'm thinking about buying some additional speakers for the cabin where there in NO internet.... like none.

Questions:
Will a play 1 or 3 work without internet?
If I set up on my home network and take it off site to another location can I manually plug my phone into it and use it as a Bluetooth speaker?
icon

Best answer by controlav 1 July 2017, 17:29

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23
Once it is set up, it will work without the internet. You'll need a local network of course to get the controller app speaking to it. It goes without saying that no music services will work, of course, you'll have to take your NAS/PC with you as I assume that is where your music is. Or is your music on your phone? I am guessing that will still work too. Bluetooth isn't supported by Sonos and the Play:3 has no aux-in either.
where there in NO internet.... like none.

If that last bit means no WiFi, it won't unless you can find an old Sonos WD100 dock and put music in an older iPod that can sit in the dock. Or a new one, with the necessary wire to connect it to the port on the dock.