Skip to main content
Question

Weird Challenge Grouping Rooms

• 14 May 2024
  • 0 replies

I am having the strangest problem grouping rooms. I have eight Sonos speakers in eight separate rooms. They are a mix of Era 100 and 300 speakers. Four of each.

I can group 2 rooms on a single Spotify stream but if I add a third room, the third room doesn’t play. The same as true if I had a fourth fifth sixth seventh or eighth room.

If I begin with room A and B and then add room C room A and B play but room C does not. If I change the group to group room A and room C they will play, but if I add B. to that group, it will not.

To make it even stranger I can group room A and B on a single stream and then separately group room, C and D on a different stream they all play but separate streams, but I can’t have all four rooms on the same stream.

this is true for Sonos Radio, Spotify and Amazon  

I can see every speaker in the controller and on the backend I can see every speaker has an IP address and can be pinged.

Support has been little help  

Any thoughts? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.